Sol y Luna Lodge offers the best of both worlds with the Playa Grande beach set against the backdrop of the stunning surrounding forests. 43 luxury bungalows are scattered amongst the beautiful grounds where all things water related are readily available.
Step out of your adobe and stone casita and you will be amidst scented gardens laid out with purple and white flowering bushes. A few more paces will take you into stunning countryside of Peru’s Sacred Valley with its impressive Inca ruins of Pisac, Maras and Moray, and the fascinating archaeological site of Ollantaytambo, Venture a little further afield and you can easily reach the astonishing lost city of Machu Picchu – one of the world’s most unforgettable sights.
You’ll remember Hotel Sol y Luna with lasting affection too. For its traditional Inca-style casitas, its unusually fine food, its range of activities and the way it envelops you in a timeless feeling of peace and tranquillity.
Sol y Luna Lodge, at a glance
- A peaceful setting just one kilometre outside Urubamba, in Peru’s Sacred Valley
- 43 individual stone, adobe and wood-built casitas
- Choose from spacious standard or luxurious deluxe casitas, or a premium casita with its own outside Jacuzzi
- Killa Wasi restaurant serving Andean, coastal and international fusion cuisine, plus bar
For leisure and pleasure
- Great access to the ancient sites of Maras, Moray and Ollantaytambo
- Busy local market at Pisac
- Easy access to Machu Picchu Outdoor swimming pool
- Superb spa with a wide range of therapies, massage and treatments
- Steam room, Jacuzzi, sauna, Spanish bath
- Fully equipped gym
- Yoga and tai chi classes
- Horse riding
- Trekking and mountain biking